Software Development Engineer II: Discovery is the world’s leading non-fiction media company with a reach of three billion viewers in 220 countries.
The Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is an Engineering company within the Discovery brand. DTC’s engineering teams build applications for Web, Mobile, Connected TVs, and Consoles/STBs covering features like Search, Playback, ML-driven Recommendation, Subscriptions, Payments, etc. We are building a Global Video Streaming Platform to support a broad collection of Discovery’s brands (Discovery, TLC, Motor Trend, Golf TV, Food Network, Eurosport, and many more) including the recently launched Discovery+. These applications are powered by a fleet of cloud-native microservices for Content Ingestion, Metadata processing, Video encoding & Ad Tech platform on AWS containers & serverless-compute.
Responsibilities of Software Development Engineer II:
• You write efficient, readable, testable code units to contribute to the overall functionality of the software.
• You understand computer science concepts and are passionate about them. You are abreast with the latest in the technology world and are keen to address challenging engineering problems.
• You communicate through data, dates, and facts, applying them as appropriate to motivate and inspire
• You are comfortable with scrum agile methodologies, adopting best engineering practices by showing people, not just telling people
• You are a fast learner and comfortable to change and adapt to a fast-changing environment.
• Proficient in Java 8, including use of Futures and Streams
• You are familiar with Reactive programming, asynchronous, non-blocking backend engineering languages like Java, Go, Node JS, etc.
• Also familiar with Akka, Play framework (or any other Java frameworks), writing highly scalable engineering backend services and messaging services like Kafka, SQS and others.
• Experience with one or more of PostgreSQL and MySQL, Caching solutions (such as Redis and Guava), Search engine technology (preferably ElasticSearch)
• Knowledge of, and professional experience with most AWS services, and deeper knowledge of EC2, S3, Kinesis, CloudFront, and CloudWatch
• Usage and understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.