Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are looking for highly talented individuals to join our Customer Success team to help our digital native Startups and Unicorn customers realize their aspirations. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference
This customer-facing position is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and operations with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer technical obstacles and adoption challenges.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for technical customer engagements, working with the most challenging and exciting projects within Microsoft Azure customer base. You will work with select customers to lead deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives and technical leaders. You will collaborate with a variety of internal and external teams to develop pilots and oversee implementation projects, ensuring technical blockers are removed on adoption. You will drive technical intensity of developers and create communities within customers. And you will collaborate with Product engineering to share feedback into the development of Microsoft products and help develop Azure platforms.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with founders, CTOs, and senior engineering leaders at late-stage Startup companies.
Understanding Customer/Partner Technical Environment
- Gathers customer/partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs, competitive landscape), and maps architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business outcomes. Adapts business models, plans, and solutions to insights.
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner by driving new feedback, gaps, blockers, insights, resources, etc. across communities to track, add, and prioritize, using established channels (e.g., UAT/TFT).
- Understand customers’ overall cloud portfolio, IT and business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and scalable cloud solutions leveraging expertise in cloud infrastructure solutions (Windows and Linux IaaS, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, HPC, containers and Infra as a code technologies).
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Leverages and champions an existing architecture approach to achieve Microsoft’s agreed commitments to the customer/partner. Identifies growth opportunities based on knowledge of customer/partner needs.
- Receives and synthesizes data about customer/partner business and technical requirements, addresses them with technical architecture(s), and demonstrates and proves those solutions capability and business value through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Applies broad technical knowledge across various of architecture solutions to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints. helps to shape and enhance customers’ requirements.
- Architect solutions to meet customer needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.) and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate.
- Build deep technical relationship with Startup founders and CTOs to accelerate growth and build new solutions on Azure
- Run Architectural Design Sessions and help migrate to Azure, partnering to develop new capabilities, landing first workloads, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
Assess the Customers Azure skills and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Generates new ideas for changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and processes for designated customers/partners. drives opportunities for IP re-use, best practice sharing, and consumption.
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner/MCS architects and technical specialists, technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders.
- Respectfully challenges customers/partners when going in the wrong direction and escalates appropriately.
- Understands the competitor’s architecture solutions and identifies Microsoft’s strengths over competitive solutions to drive conversations with customers/partners and convince them of solution.
- Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners, and external communities, emphasis on startups ecosystems, VC firms, and incubators.
- Deep technical knowledge in Infrastructure, Migration and Cloud technologies concepts, compute, storage and networking, being able to act on critical scenarios to understand dependencies and help on supporting environment back to production
- Leads the adoption and maintenance of Microsoft cloud technologies based on analysis/differentiation of Microsoft and competitor products to influence the industry-wide direction for cloud usage in best in class scenario/recommendations.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
- Shares ideas, insight, and strategic, technical input with technical teams, internal communities across the field, and the larger virtual team across Microsoft using a thorough knowledge of specific Microsoft products and their context in the competitive landscape.
- Participates in external architect community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with the internal team. Acts a mentor to junior colleagues to educate them on technical and non-technical concepts.
- Leads architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization that result in production deployment application and increase customer business value. Drives efforts to ensure that the customer’s environment and applications are well-architected.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 6+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies o OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies o OR equivalent experience.
- English Language Proficiency
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.