IIT Madras has invited applications from students for free online course on Robotics the SWAYAM NPTEL portal, which can be completed in 12 weeks. The course basically aims at providing an understanding of mechanical, electrical, and computer science aspects of robotics. This course is a bridge-course for undergraduate or graduate students from various disciplines to get a basic understanding of robotics, says the NPTEL website.
The course will be conducted by Dr T Asokan who is a professor in the department of engineering design, and currently the head of the department, Prof Balaraman Ravindran who is currently a professor in computer science, and Dr Krishna Vasudevan who is a professor in the department of electrical engineering at IIT Madras.
What the IIT Madras Free Online Course on Robotics Will Cover?
The course will provide an understanding of robotics through the following topics over a period of 12 weeks:
- Introduction to robotics: History, growth, robot applications – manufacturing industry, defense, rehabilitation, medical and so on, and laws of robotics.
- Robot mechanisms, Kinematics- coordinate transformations, and DH parameters.
- Forward kinematics, and Inverse Kinematics.
- Jacobians, Statics, and Trajectory Planning.
- Actuators (electrical) such as DC motors, and BLDC servo motors.
- Sensors and sensor integration.
- Control: PWM, joint motion control, and feedback control.
- Computed torque control.
- Perception, Localisation and mapping.
- Probabilistic robotics, Path planning, BFS, DFS, Dijkstra, A-star, D-star, Voronoi, Potential Field, and Hybrid approaches.
- Simultaneous localization and mapping.
- Introduction to reinforcement learning.
Important Dates for the IIT Madras Free Online Course on Robotics Free
The course will be conducted from 25 July to 14 October 2022, and the last date to enroll for the course is 1 August 2022. To obtain a, e-certificate with logos of IIT Madras and NPTEL, course participants will have to pay Rs 1000 to take an examination that will be conducted on 30 October 2022. The course also carries 3 credit points that may be useful for undergraduate students. Those who wish to know more about the course can visit the official website for further information.
Criteria to Receive Certificates for IIT Madras Free Online Course on Robotics
Certificates will be rewarded based on the participant’s performance in exam, as well as their average assignment score. The average assignment score will be 25% of average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course, and exam score consists of 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.