Federal Reserve Bank of BostonAs an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank’s values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership. A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank
Intern Software Quality Engineer
As an SQE intern, you have the coding skills of a developer and a passion for driving quality into the product at all phases of the product delivery lifecycle. As member of the FedNow program, you will have the chance and support to develop truly innovative test automation solutions. You will have an opportunity to help shape the future of test automation by contributing to the creation of frameworks while working in a cutting-edge continuous integration and delivery model. Working closely with the software developers, you will contribute to automated testing solutions by participating in many facets of automation, including integration testing, back-end testing, data validations, API and so much more.
- Partner with a mentor to understand the current code base, setup your environments, and get ready to participate
- Collaborating with product owners, subject matter experts and develop testing strategies and approaches to support multiple distributed agile teams
- Write effective code to add or modify testing frameworks and write automated test cases using the latest technologies
- Reproduce defects in your local environment, integration environments, and write code to fix the bugs
- Participating in activities focused around the agile software development cycle
- Designing, developing and supporting test automation, participating in test planning and bug triages
- Contributing and collaborating on test frameworks, environments, tool selection and infrastructure
- Identifying data requirements and generating and maintaining test data
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Curious about software quality engineering in a large-scale environment
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, or as part of an open source project
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals and product development life cycle
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Preferably a rising junior or senior
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility verification, and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers.
All applicants must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) years.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.