About the job
The Red Hat Global Support Services team is looking for an Associate Technical Support Engineering Trainee to join us. As part of our graduate trainee program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading open source developers to support new solutions and customer offerings. You will also receive on-the-job training, including an introduction to Red Hat products like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Openshift Container Platform, Red Hat Storage, Virtualization, Clustering, Cloud, and Satellite, as well as soft skill training and technical troubleshooting. The Global Support Services team focuses on resolving issues for enterprise customers by providing high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize uptime and reduce IT costs.
During this program, you will get an opportunity to get extensive training by our experts on Red Hat products and technologies along with the processes and workflows on providing enterprise support experience to our customers. Along with the technical training, you will also be trained on soft skills as well as customer handling skills which would help you grow as a support specialist.
The graduate trainee program 2022-2023 will be conducted in a virtual mode for a period of up to 6 months. This position can potentially convert to a full-time role as an Associate Technical Support Engineer at the end of the Apprenticeship period.
What you will do
- Provide technical support to Red Hat enterprise customers
- Work with Red Hat enterprise customers across the globe on 24×7 basis that requires one to work in different shifts periodically
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot customer issues, and develop solutions to technical issues
- Exceed customer expectations by providing outstanding customer service
- Consult and develop relationships with in-house engineers and developers to promote creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
- Contribute to the global Red Hat knowledge management system while working on customer issues
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, and support management teams to prioritize customer requests
- Support Red Hat’s global customers on technical issues through phone, chat, or remote access tools
What you will bring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in a user-friendly way
- Focused on delivering remarkable and consistent customer experience
- Motivated and comfortable working in a team
- Ability and willingness to learn, adopt, and practice Red Hat Values and Competencies
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or IT, science, or computer applications, or a master’s degree in computer applications or marketing and communications
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
- Basic understanding of Linux, Containers, Kubernetes and open source
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking and UNIX services and concepts
- Open source community contribution through projects is a plus
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration is a plus
To apply: https://global-redhat.icims.com/jobs/96478/job?utm_source=indeed_integration&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed&indeed-apply-token=73a2d2b2a8d6d5c0a62696875eaebd669103652d3f0c2cd5445d3e66b1592b0f&mobile=false&width=1270&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.