UNICEF has opened the following job post. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives and to defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Under the supervision of Deputy Representative, Programmes, the incumbent will be responsible for following responsibilities and tasks:
- Establish the section’s annual work plan with the nutrition team and network, and set priorities and targets. Monitor work progress and ensure results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards.
- Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines. And provide timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently. Plan and ensure timely performance management. And assessment and professional and career growth and development of the team and team members.
- Supervise team members by providing them with clear objectives, goals, direction. And guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Promote and support a team of nutrition team members in Delhi and field offices working supportive and collaborative with each other. And with colleagues in other sections.
Programme development and planning
- Lead and support the planning and updating of the situation analysis to ensure comprehensive and current data on maternal and child nutrition is available to guide policy development and design and management of nutrition programmes and projects.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery to achieve sustainable, effective and equitable coverage of maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition programme results.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the formulation and design of nutrition programme/project recommendations and related documentations as a component of the Country Programme, establishing clear programme goals, objectives, strategies and results based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM).
- Oversee the timely preparation of nutrition programme recommendation to ensure the alignment of nutrition programmes with the overall UNICEF Strategic Plan, Country Programme, and coherence and integration with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), regional strategies, and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues and external partners to provide technical and operational support on programme planning, management and implementation, and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programmes/projects with UNICEF Strategic Plans, donors’ development strategies, policies, country level national priorities and competencies, and UN system development interventions and initiatives.
- Lead close collaboration, partnerships and joint initiatives with other sections and partners to ensure a multisectoral, convergent nutrition response.
Programme management, monitoring and quality control of results
- Coordinate, plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results in nutrition programmes.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual health reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and/or weaknesses in programme management.
- Identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Monitor programmes and projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems; and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Plan, approve, monitor and control the use of programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations, procedures, standards of accountability and integrity, donor commitments. Ensure timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
- Submit Programme/project reports to donors and other partners to keep them informed on Programme progress and critical issues.
Advisory services and technical support
- Advise key government officials, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners on policies, strategies, best practices and approaches on nutrition and related issues to support Programme development planning, management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Participate in strategic programme discussions and planning to provide technical advice, contribute to policy discussions and agendas, and promote health/nutrition interventions, especially in the areas of gender, emergency preparedness and maternal/newborn/child health and nutrition.
- Prepare policy papers, briefs and other strategic Programme materials for management use, information and/or consideration.
- Participate in emergency preparedness initiatives Programme development and contingency planning and/or to respond to emergencies in country or where designated.
Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with nutrition/health sector government counterparts, national stakeholders, global partners, allies, donors, and academia, through active networking, advocacy and effective communication. Build capacity, exchange knowledge and expertise, and/or promote cooperation and alliances to achieve programme goals on maternal and child rights as well as social justice and equity.
- Lead the development of communication and information strategies and materials to highlight programme goals, achievements and/or needs to promote awareness, establish partnerships/alliances and support fund raising for nutrition programmes (maternal, infant and child survival and development).
- Participate and/or represent UNICEF in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) discussions and planning on nutrition-related issues to ensure organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNSDC process in development planning and agenda setting. Collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNSDCF planning and preparation of nutrition programmes/projects.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable nutrition programme/project initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in health management and information systems. Institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Lead the development of policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programmes and projects.
- Lead, plan and/or implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients and stakeholders to promote sustainable results on health/nutrition related programmes/projects.
Education Qualification/Required Skills and Experience (UNICEF)
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required. Nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition. Health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas. Nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience leading and managing medium teams of professionals is required.
- Experience is required in developing, and convening strategic partnerships with development partners, academia, private sectors. And others and leveraging their capacities and resources for results on child and maternal nutrition.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
To apply for this UNICEF job post visit: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/569126
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.