Are you passionate about learning new technology and solving complex problems for customers? Do you like to work as part of a team? Do you like to learn from others? Do you like to share your knowledge? if the answer to these questions is yes, then VMware has a Technical Support role for you. You will be working on the latest and top of the line technology to become an expert in the IT industry. We take great pride in helping our engineers to develop themselves and become experts in their chosen fields.
Our Global Support organization supports over 250,000 companies in 100+ different countries, and you can be part of an extraordinary team in an energetic, creative, and collaborative business environment.
What can you expect in the first 6-12 months of your career with VMware?
As a starting level 1 Technical Support Engineer (TSE1), you will be learning VMware virtualization technologies which will equip you with the skills necessary to troubleshoot, and to help our customers troubleshoot, understand, and overcome challenges in their environments.
- First steps on in this role will be to upskill on our support processes and products and to understand how we work as part of a global team
- Once achieved, you will begin to troubleshoot customer issues with the support of tenured engineers through the knowledge you have gained. You will constantly work with team members to find solutions for customers
- As your skill set grows, you may choose to work on additional product lines and progress your skillset on more technologies or seek to become experts in a wide variety of products and or technology related to our product portfolio
- Throughout this time, and your career at VMware, you will be able to develop through training, learning tools, research time and training days.
What are the requirements which we see as being important to integrate into our teams and to successfully fulfill job function?
To be successful in this role you will possess some or all the following:
- Basic to Advance level ln Windows Server is required, Linux being an advantage but not a must
- Good customer advocacy and relationship building skills
- Good verbal communication and desire to problem solve
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions
- An ability to manage time efficiently, balancing competing priorities
Highly Preferred Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience
- Hands on experience with VMware products is highly preferrable
- Experience with operation and administration of large Windows Server and Desktop Environments
- An understanding of Cloud and Virtualisation technologies
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- The selected candidate will be reporting to Technical Support Manager, who has considerable amount of experience in managing enterprise support and leading the team to success through the company’s values. The hiring manager is deeply invested in the teams careers development and has successful track record of ensuring the team is successful as a unit and ensure the individually team members progress in their careers.
- The core team comprises engineers at different levels (L1 , L2 and L3) supporting a particular product SME. The team is part of the 24×7 support structure and works flexible hours to ensure we meet customers contractual requirement.
- In addition, team works in partnership with the peers across the globe working during different time zones.
Where is this role located?
The location of this role is flexible within Bangalore. All candidates will have the option to work from home location, or to work from VMware’s Bangalore office.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
- You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Explore the VMware Benefits page for additional details. Please note, benefits change by country, please select your country from the drop-down menu in the top right corner. www.benefits.vmware.com
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-09-21
To apply: https://careers.vmware.com/main/jobs/R2220209
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.