National Institute of Technology (NIT )Warangal, an Institute of National Importance, has announced PhD Admission for January 2023 session. The PhD Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in 13 departments of the institute.
Fellowships:The candidates selected for admission into PhD under Full-Time program are eligible to receive institute fellowship as per Ministry of Education, (former MHRD) rules. Category-wise (EWS, OBC, SC, ST, PWD) reservations on overall available seats will be followed as per Government of India norms.
Announcement of inviting Applications: 14 November, 2022
Last date to receive applications: 4 December, 2022
Last date to receive the list of shortlisted candidates from the Departments: 11 December, 2022
The PhD Programs, in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in the following Departments:
1 Civil Engineering
2 Electrical Engineering
3 Mechanical Engineering
4 Electronics and Communications Engineering
5 Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
6 Chemical Engineering
7 Computer Science and Engineering
12 Humanities and Social Sciences (English Language Teaching)
13 School of Management
Types of PhD Offered by NIT Warangal:
- Full-time student on institute fellowship.
- Full-time Government/Semi-Government Fellowship awardees / QIP / FIP (UGC) /
CSIR / UGC / DOE / DST / DBT / NBHM etc.
- Full-time project fellows/JRF/SRF appointed in R&D projects being carried out in NITW.
- Full-time Sponsored student from Industry/R&D organizations.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) fellowship awardees (Foreign students).
- Full-time External (CSIR/ JRF/ SRF Fellows) working in National Research
Laboratories/ R&D Organization having necessary facilities
- Full-time Self-financing Programme (Sponsored by Industry)
- Full-time Self-finance (Rule of reservation is not applicable. Master’s degree is compulsory whereas GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET/CAT is not mandatory).
Permanent faculty and other permanent staff of NIT, Warangal.
- Permanent faculty of Private Academic Institutions with NIRF ranking below 200 at least once in last five years.
- Permanent faculty from Educational Institutions fully funded by Government or Maintained by Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mode.
- Permanent Employees from Private Industries with R&D facilities having three years of experience in an industry of five years standing with membership in CII/ASSOCHEM or any other similar membership.
- Permanent employees working in Government R&D laboratories/Government Organizations/Government Industry/PSUs/State Undertakings.
First class with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA at both UG and PG for GEN/OBC-NCL/GEN-EWS category and minimum 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering/Technology in the appropriate branch of study.
All candidates must have qualified in GATE (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
Bachelor’s in Engineering/Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under GEN/OBC-NCL/GEN-EWS category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Mathematics/Physics/ Chemistry)/B.Tech or equivalent degree/ M.Tech or equivalent degree.
All candidates must have qualified in GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
For further details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer the PhD Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of NIT Warangal.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.