Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the paid internship opportunity for the year 2021-22 at the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Delhi.
About the DEA
The Department of Economic Affairs is the nodal agency of the Union Government to formulate and monitor the country’s economic policies and programmes having a bearing on domestic and international aspects of economic management.
About the Internship
The Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) invites applications under its Internship Scheme for the year 2021-22 for assignments in areas such as Capital Markets, Economic Reforms, Exchange Management, Foreign Investment in India and India Investment abroad, Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy, Inflation Management, Debt Market Operation and Debt Management (External & Domestic), Small Savings, Modernization of Budget Documents, Bilateral Investment Treaties, Infrastructure Financing, etc.
The objective of the internship scheme is to familiarize the selected candidates with the overall process of formulation of economic policies of the Government at the macro level.
To provide an opportunity to carry out research into a key and specific economic issue/problem faced by the country and offer solutions for the same is another objective of the internship at DEA.
No. of Interns
The internship duration would be not less than 3 months. Preference will be given to candidates who offer to stay for at least 6 months. Since the time duration is very short, interns would be required to carry out a very intense study to ensure desirable outputs in a short time frame.
The interns will have to present to the concerned Head of Division a Report/Paper on the allotted subject at the end of the internship. Simultaneously, they are required to give to the concerned HoD the feedback of their experience of the Programme on submission of their Report/ Paper.
- Outstanding Candidates pursuing Post Graduation or Ph.D. in Economics / Law/ Finance Management from Universities/ Institutions within the top 25 ranks as per NIRF, by Ministry of HRD or International Institutes of repute are eligible to apply for the internship.
- Note: This program is not meant for graduate students.
- This program is meant for Ph.D. or post-graduate students working on specific issues relating to macro-economic, management, capital markets, infrastructure policy, climate finance, financial and investment laws.
- PG Interns: Rs. 10,000 per month per intern
- Ph. D Interns: Rs. 20,000 per month per intern
Certificates to be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internship of not less than three months and on submission of their Report/ Paper feedback/ attendance certificates.
How to Apply?
Students are expected to apply against specific research study opportunities Divisions.
The applicant should register on the MoF-DEA intern application link of the Ministry of Finance and indicate in their application
- their area of interest,
- duration of availability with dates/ months, and
- 3 topics of their interest in the order of their preference, on which they would like to work during their internship.
Note: The Department places on its website a specific invitation for interns to express their interest in the same. The candidates whose research proposals and competencies match significantly with DEA requirements will be given preference.
Details of business allocation to DEA and its divisions are available on DEA’s website.
May 15th, 2021 by 6 PM
For more details, click the link below.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.