IIT Ropar has offered a free online course called The Joy of Computing using Python on the NPTEL platform for anyone who is interested
IIT Ropar has invited applications for a free online course on The Joy of Computing using Python, which can be taken by anyone who has passed class 10. The course is being offered on the NPTEL platform and is of 12 weeks duration. The course is free to enroll and learn from. However, if learners want a certificate, they have to register and write the proctored exam that will be conducted in person at any of the designated exam centres. The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000.
The course will be conducted by Sudarshan Iyengar who has a PhD from the Indian Institute of Science and is currently working as an assistant professor at IIT Ropar and has been teaching this course for the past 4 years, and Dr. Yayati Gupta who is an assistant professor at IIIT Dharwad, Hubli. She has completed her PhD from IIT Ropar in 2017 after which she did two post doctoral degrees at IIT Madras and IIT Delhi, respectively.
What the IIT Ropar Free Online Course on Python Will Cover?
Participants of the course will be learning how to practice and culture the art of programming with Python as a language. At the end of the course, learners will be introduced to some of the current advances in computing to motivate them to pursue further directions. Some of the topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Motivation for computing.
- Welcome to programming.
- Variables and expressions: Design your own calculator.
- Loops and conditionals: Hopscotch once again.
- Lists, Tuples and conditionals: Let’s go on a trip.
- Abstraction everywhere: Apps in your phone.
- Counting candies: Crowd to the rescue.
- Birthday paradox: Find your twin.
- Google Translate: Speak in any language.
- Currency converter: Count your foreign trip expenses.
- Image processing: Fun with images.
- Tic tac toe : Let’s play.
- Snakes and Ladders: Down the memory lane.
- Recursion: Tower of Hanoi.
How to Enroll for the IIT Ropar Free Online Course on Python?
The course will be conducted from 26 July to 15 October 2021, and interested participants may enroll for it by clicking on the Join button after signing in to the official platform using their Facebook, Microsoft, Google or SWAYAM accounts. The last date to enroll for the course is 2 August 2021.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.