Applications are invited for Child Rights Fellowship 2022 at DCPCR & Ashoka University. The last date of application is 10 January.
About the Fellowship
The Fellowship, a strategic collaboration between DCPCR & Ashoka University, provides a platform to 5-10 young professionals to work on child rights reforms, policy implementation and government stakeholder engagement. The fellows get an opportunity to innovate interventions, leverage data to strengthen child welfare initiatives and drive sustainable impact.
Over the last few years, the Government of Delhi has been at the front and centre of driving the mission of child welfare, development, and protection. The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) spearheads the responsibility of safeguarding the rights of children in the region.
These rights are the product of a vast and interconnected system, which is situated at the intersection of health, education, and safety. The fellowship, in collaboration with DCPCR, aims to strengthen child rights and welfare in Delhi by driving mass impact on ground.
The fellowship was launched in 2021 and in the first year of the fellowship itself, the fellows made a landmark achievement in reforming the lives of children in Delhi NCT across three focus areas, Education, Health and Nutrition and Juvenile Justice. Child Rights Fellowship is now inviting applications from young professionals for the 2022-23 cohort!
- Completed post-graduation with at least 1 year of work experience after graduation OR at least 3 years of work experience after graduation. (Note: if you have completed a four-year undergraduate degree, a work experience of at least 2 years is required)
- Willing to commit 1 year to the fellowship, starting 1st March 2022.
- Proficient in Hindi and English, with the ability to read and write in both.
- Skilled at analytical writing.
- Willing to travel and stay anywhere in Delhi as per the needs of the program
- Not more than 30 years of age on 1st March 2022.
- Holds Indian Citizenship.
Preferred Experience and Competencies
- Prior experience (including internships, projects, volunteer programs, etc.) and passion to work in the child rights and welfare sector
- Prior experience in the development sector or policy analysis/research and formulation.
- Track record of self-driven initiatives and successful leadership roles.
- Experience in program management of development sector projects, with a strong skill set pertaining to monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and overall management.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with multiple
- High-caliber interpersonal communication (documentation and presentation skills), advocacy and negotiation skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to adapt to diverse educational and cultural contexts and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Proficiency in data analysis and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is strongly desired.
The Fellows will get an opportunity to work on-field for 1 year while receiving training, mentorship and support for professional development from government officers and the programme team at CRF. Here’s what a Fellow will do:
- Improve and monitor implementation of schemes & programmes of DCPCR.
- Introduce innovative solutions and drive pilot projects to overcome challenges pertaining to child rights and welfare.
- Conduct stakeholder consultations and capacity building sessions on thematic focus areas.
- Draft policy briefs and position papers on thematic focus areas.
- Perform data analytics to assist the DCPCR to make evidence-based decisions.
- The application will be online and go live on 24.12.2021.
- Final Deadline for the application will be 10.01.2022.
- Your fellowship will start 01.03.2022.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Each Fellow will receive a remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- per month, subject to taxes, including reimbursement of Rs. 5000/- which will be given for communication (monthly bills of postpaid connection of mobile and internet dongle) and office expenses (printing, stationary etc.). In addition, travel expenses for field visits undertaken in the district will be reimbursed, based on actuals.
Click here to view the official notification of Child Rights Fellowship 2022 at DCPCR & Ashoka University.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.