Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University undergraduate rank holders.
Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders. To emerge as a powerful nation, there is an urgent need to bring in talented boys and girls in the field of Post-Graduate education by way of providing them good incentives in the form of scholarships. The UGC, therefore, introduced a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University undergraduate rank holders.
- The scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only. Age limit for the students is 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
- Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
- The Undergraduate courses from following streams have been identified for the award of scholarships: 1.Life Sciences 2. Physical Sciences 3. Chemical Sciences 4. Earth Sciences 5.Mathematical Sciences 6. Social Sciences 7. Commerce 8. Languages
- Before verifying applications of students the concerned Universities may ensure that applicants satisfy all norms as per guidelines.
No. of Openings: 3000
Tenure of Scholarship: 2 Years
How To Apply?
- Applications will be invited once in a year on the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for award of scholarship.
- The concerned University/ Institute should verify that the applicant is a first or second rank holder out of the specified total number of students who appeared in the examination at the undergraduate level as specified in the guidelines.
- Interested & eligible candidates can apply through the official website.
For more details regarding the scholarship, please go through the official notification.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.