The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Berhampur invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. program starting from August 2021.
Currently, IISER Berhampur offers a Ph.D. program in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences disciplines. Students with a Master’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics OR in any relevant interdisciplinary area closely related to the mainstream are encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program.
PhD students must successfully complete course work, qualifying examination, seminars, and a dissertation. Besides the mandatory requirements, students are encouraged to participate in several professional activities such as workshops, review meetings, and conferences. All doctoral students are also expected to participate in the undergraduate teaching program of the Institute as a part of their training.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- M.S/ M.Sc./M.Tech/M.Pharm/MBBS or equivalent in any discipline of Science/Medicine/Pharmacy /Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/ CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale. (Overall percentage/ CGPA/ CPI; not only in majoring subject).
- Exceptionally brilliant candidates with B.Tech./ MBBS/ MCA also apply for the Ph.D. program in Biological Sciences.
- Additionally, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/ GATE/ UGC-JRF/ CSIR-JRF/ DBT (JRF A category)/ ICMR (JRF category I)/ NET-LS/ INSPIRE-PhD/ JGEEBILS or any other recognized score is mandatory.
- The certificate/fellowship MUST be valid at the time of admission Or BS-MS Dual Degree graduates of IISERs and B.Tech graduates of IITs with CPI >=8.
- Students whose results for CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship or ICMR-JRF category-I or DBT-JRF or INSPIRE-PhD or any other equivalent fellowship are awaited may also apply with their roll number(s) mentioned in the application. Such candidates may walk-in for the interview provided they have qualified examination for any of the above fellowship before the interview date.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria.
All selected candidates will be eligible for either Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- per month or fellowship as per the norms of the funding agency, in vogue, subject to satisfactory performance in their course work.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
The last date to apply is April 14, 2021.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.