Applications are now invited for the Inge Morath Award, a $5,000 grant given to a woman photographer under the age of 30 to support the completion of a long-term documentary project. One finalist will also receive a $1,000 grant in support of their project.
Inge Morath was an Austrian-born photographer who was associated with Magnum Photos for nearly fifty years. After her death in 2002, the Inge Morath Foundation was established with a limited-term mission to manage Morath’s estate and facilitate the study and appreciation of her contribution to photography. With the closure of the research space in 2014, Inge’s archive was acquired by the Beinecke Library at Yale University, and a set of Morath’s master prints by the Yale University Art Gallery, where they are now available to scholars.
- The Award is open to any photographer that identifies as female or non-binary.
- All submissions must consist of work done solely by the submitting photographer. IM Award recipient and finalist grant the Magnum Foundation a license to reproduce, display and distribute their submissions solely in connection with the administration and judging of the Inge Morath Award, including on the Magnum Foundation website and the Inge Morath Estate website.
- IM Award recipient agrees that any future publication, exhibition, or display of the funded project shall credit the Inge Morath Estate and the Magnum Foundation. Recipient(s) may be required to provide additional identifying information prior to receiving payment.
- Upon completion of the funded project, a final (digital) copy must be provided to the Magnum Foundation. The Foundation, in furtherance of its charitable purposes, may, in the future, (1) display the project on its website and make it available for display on the website of the Inge Morath Estate; and (2) publicly display the project (or excerpts from it) in connection with exhibitions or promotional materials related to the Inge Morath Award. The Foundation will credit the artist as the author and copyright holder of her photographs.
- Photographers represented by Magnum Photos and their immediate relatives are not eligible. Employees and members of the Magnum Foundation, Magnum Photos, and Inge Morath Estate are ineligible to apply for this grant.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 30, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticebard.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.