Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust is inviting applications for its 2021-22 Scholarship. The last date of application is 10 May 2021.
More than 5,400 Indian students have been awarded the JN Tata Endowment’s loan scholarship since 1892, when it was established by Jamsetjee Nusserwanjee, the promoter of the Tata group. The Endowment supports only overseas studies – Masters, Ph.D. and Postdoctoral fellowships, in any educational stream.
Fields of Study
The Trust invites applications for the academic year 2021-2022 in the following fields of study:
- Sociology, Psychology, Law (key focus on women & children’s issues)
- Education and welfare of children with special needs
- Gender studies – Violence against women and children, including domestic violence
- Child health – Development and nutrition
- Health policy and health education — mental health
- Public health – Community health services, reproductive health, epidemiology
- Needs of adolescents
- Communication for development (with a key focus on women & children’s issues)
- Research and study of social norms in communities
- Development Studies (key focus in the field of Community Development, Rural Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Sustainable Development for women & children)
- Indian women graduate from a reputed university
- Have a consistently remarkable academic record
- Must have applied for admission/ secured admission to reputed universities or institutions in the United States, UK or Europe for the year 2021-2022
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 years preferred
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend either a personal or an online interview with the board of trustees on a designated day and time between June and August 2021, which will be conveyed at a later stage
Selection and scholarship amount
- A gift scholarship towards the tuition fee component, approximately between Rupees three and six lakhs per student, is awarded, depending on the performance of the candidate.
- Candidates selected for this scholarship will have to submit a clear copy of the ‘Proof of Funds’ or ‘Financial Capacity’ document that reflect that they are able to support their studies, submitted for their visa application.
How to Apply?
- Request for an application form may be made by sending an email to igpedulmdtet[at]tatatrusts.org along with the details and documents as requested in the para given below. Incomplete requests from candidates will not be considered by the Trust office and further correspondence will not be entertained.
- The course they wish to pursue
- The name/s of the university/ies to be attended, in order of merit, with letter of confirmed admission, if available
- The course fee required for each university Sources of funding (in brief – a page)
- Their current profile (biodata)
- Link for the application form will be emailed to the students, from Monday, April 5, 2021, to Friday, May 07, 2021.
- Last date to accept the required documents through email is Monday, May 10, 2021.
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust
Contact: 022 66658282; Ext: 7759
For further information, click on the link below:
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.