About the Global Peace Photo Award
The Global Peace Photo Award recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world and the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful co-existence.
The Global Peace Photo Award for the best photo of peace is not an award for escapism, wildflower meadows and sunsets or an award for the sweetest smile, nor does it criticize the informative reportage photography which by nature depicts the misery of our world.
It is, however, an award which encourages professional photographers to visualize on the highest level what inspires hope: from private efforts to support refugees to meaningful development aid; from pictures of personal happiness to examples of community spirit; from fighting poverty to a successful nature conservation project; from permitted withdrawal to peaceful niches to an enthusiastic rebellion against injustice; from important advances in medicine and in environmental protection to the reconstruction of cities in ruins.
The Global Peace Photo Award celebrates the ability of humans to be caring and supportive. Inspired by Nobel Peace Laureates 1911 Alfred Fried and Tobias Asser, it celebrates all kinds of pacifism and disarmament of individuals and society as a whole.
The Global Peace Photo Award aims to discover the best picture of the better side of humans and the positive aspects of changes in this world. © Peter-Matthias Gaede
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side
- Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders
- Photographs that are part of a reportage on a topic must not be manipulated in a way that changes the meaning of the picture. For other entries, they accept digitally edited images and photo montages if they serve to explore a theme creatively. All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in then captions that accompany the images.
- All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images
- You may enter several photographs as individual submissions without an overall theme, or you can submit upto 20 photographs as one story.
23 May 2021
The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal. The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000. The winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament. (click here).
The participants of the Global Peace Photo Award 2021 can look forward to a series of exhibitions: The winning pictures and a best-of the-shortlist will be shown at the Festival La Gacilly-Baden Photo, the largest outdoor photo festival in Europe, with over 300,000 visitors.
All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on 21 September 2021. with travel expenses and accommodation paid. Please read our Terms/FAQ
Children’s Peace Image of the Year
Are you 14 years or younger? Enter your photos for the Children’s Peace Image of the Year!
How to Apply?
To apply, click on this link.
For more information click on the link below
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.