ISRO has invited applications from interested participants for a free online course called “Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS Technology” in Hindi. Participants with an interest in space technologies, and those who have completed their postgraduate degree or higher degrees can apply for the 15-day free online course. Upon successfully completing course, participants will also receive certificates. Since, there are a limited number seats, candidates will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
What the ISRO Course on Remote Sensing and GIS Technology Will Cover
Some of the topics that could be covered as part of the course are as follows:
- Satellite image analysis and photogrammetry.
- GIS technology and advances.
- RS and GIS applications in agriculture and soils.
- RS and GIS applications in coastal and ocean sciences.
- RS and GIS applications in forest resources and ecosystem analysis.
- RS and GIS applications in geosciences.
- RS and GIS applications in urban and regional studies.
- RS and GIS applications in water resources.
- Natural hazards and disaster risk management.
- Geocomputation and visualization in web platforms.
How to Apply for ISRO Free Online Course on Remote Sensing and GIS Technology
The course will be conducted from 14 to 28 September 2022, and those interested need to register on the IIRS website by taking the following steps:
- Participants will receive the registration number on successful submission of application as web page display and email message.
- Participants can then activate their account by clicking on the link that will be sent to the registered email address.
- Once the account is activated and the email is verified, the application will be available for the selection process to the institute, course coordinator, or director who may approve or reject the application.
- All the approved participants will receive an approval email with their login credentials of IIRS E-class platform.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.