IIT Madras has reopened the application window for its artificial intelligence fellowship in social good. This fellowship was launched by IIT Madras’ Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI) in partnership with the Narayanan Family Foundation last year to attract early career AI researchers with exceptional promise. The selected fellows will be paid a salary of Rs 15 to 18 lakhs per year, and may also receive a one-time research grant of up to 30 lakhs.
The selected fellows will be expected to conduct their independent research under the mentorship of the Centre in the area of AI for Social Good and will have access to high-end compute infrastructure and datasets at RBCDSAI, says the institute. The “Narayanan Family Foundation Fellowship in AI for Social Good” is open to researchers who are interested in using technology for social good.
Who Can Apply for IIT Madras Fellowship?
The fellowship is open to candidates with a PhD and or early career researchers with exceptional academic qualifications in the following or related domains:
- Computer science.
- Computational and data sciences.
- Biomedical sciences.
- Finance, or any branch of engineering.
This fellowship is not the same as the Post Baccalaureate Fellowship of RBCDSAI, and fresh applications need to be submitted for the Narayanan Family Foundation Fellowship in AI for Social Good through a separate Google form. The fellowship amount received by researchers will be equivalent to an Assistant Professor’s starting salary at any IIT.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Fellowships?
Applicants will have to fill up and submit the Google form provided by the centre, and some of the details required are as follows:
- Personal details such as email address name, personal address, and so on.
- The name and photo associated with the applicant’s Google account will be recorded when files are uploaded and the form is submitted.
- Educational qualifications such as PhD, Master’s and Bachelor’s and details related to that.
- Curriculum vitae, open source contributions, and pdfs of three publications of the applicant.
- Proposed research statement in the field of artificial intelligence for social good in pdf format.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.