CIMMYT is hiring commerce and business management graduates for finance and admin assistant role. The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (known – even in English – by its Spanish acronym CIMMYT for Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo) is a non-profit research-for-development organization that develops improved varieties of wheat and maize with the aim of contributing to food security, and innovates agricultural practices to help boost production, prevent crop disease and improve smallholder farmers’ livelihoods. CIMMYT is one of the 15 CGIAR centers. CIMMYT is known for hosting the world’s largest maize and wheat genebank at its headquarters in Mexico.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Finance & Admin Assistant.
The position will be based in Karnal, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Timely updating of financial records in accounting software
- Maintain/archiving the vouchers and related documents like records for cash, receipts and payments.
- Ensure timely payment to vendors, staff advances and claims.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements and other reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring full compliance with regard to IT Act, PF, GST, labor Act etc.
- Timely closing of books and submission of closing documents to Delhi office.
- Execute month-end checklist and controls.
- Guide staff members for the procedures to be adhered as per the finance policy.
- Handling and updating monthly petty cash.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance.
- Manage internal and external audits. Ensure implementation of audit recommendations.
- Liaison with local bank & other authorities.
- Timely submission of Fund Request to Delhi office.
- Maintain ARL/TAG ID/Pictures and update FAR on quarterly basis.
- Disposal of fixed assets
- Keep update Insurance tracker.
- Monthly review of log books for vehicles.
- To prepare and review the quotes and comparative statements before sending the same to Delhi office for issuance of Purchase Order.
- To prepare and review/verification the Labour bills/addendum/attendance/EPF/ESIC and other supporting documents before sending the same to Delhi office for processing the payments and vendor coordination as & when required.
- Support the hub team for day-to-day admin and logistic work for different projects including need based support for events organized in the field
- Support in HR activities like attendance/leave records/interview/training arrangements etc.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Commerce/ business management with 3 years of experience on NGO accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and sound communication skills to effectively communicate within and outside the organization to collect and consolidate relevant financial data.
- Knowledge on the general financial policies, procedures, vendor management, compliances.
- Well versed with Quick Books, MS Office packages and other related software packages
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a range of tasks.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- Knowledge of Income Tax and other compliance is added advantage.
- Ability to work independently, has a sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Must exhibit organizational competencies like teamwork, creative thinking, client orientation and communication.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 12 months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Kindly fill and submit the online form which is available here no later than
Sunday, November 19, 2023.
They will contact only selected candidates.
They encourage women candidates to apply.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality teamwork, and respect for diversity.
To apply for the finance job, visit: https://apply.workable.com/cimmyt-1/j/BA2CFBF6B4/apply/
Also visit: www.noticedash.com
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.