Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) offers research programmes leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the following Faculty of Studies:
- Ph.D. (Law),
- Ph.D. (Management)
- Ph.D. (Computer Studies)
- Ph.D. (Health Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Media and Communication)
- Ph.D. (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Ph.D. (Engineering)
- SIU offers doctoral programme in faculty of studies mentioned above and variety of sub-streams mentioned in the subsequent tabs. There are no programmes in Languages/ Literature, Psychology, Sociology, History, etc.
- SIU offers both Full Time/ Part Time Programmes ( Ph D Cannot be offered in distance education mode).
- PG degree is needed with 55 % marks must. PG Diploma of IIMs, XLRI are eligible, CA/CS with 55 % marks are eligible. Those who are holding PG diplomas from other institutions have to submit equivalence as given by statutory bodies like AICTE/ UGC/ BCI. Approval given AICTE/ Equivalence given AIU is not admissible for eligibility.
- Experience not compulsory. Graduates with long experience are not eligible.
- Those holding NET/ SET/ GATE/M Phil are exempted from the entrance exam. But personal interview is compulsory. The score must be valid on date of application. Long experience does not entitle any exemption from entrance test.
- The programme flow is Ph D Entrance Test- Personal Interview- Admission- Coursework- Proposal Presentation ( leading to confirmation) – Actual Research Work ( Including Publications)- Mid Review – Pre-submission Seminar- Thesis Submission- Thesis Examination- Viva- voce Examination- Provisional Award of Degree- Convocation.
- Coursework decided by Deans of faculties. 75 % attendance is compulsory. UGC regulations warrant regular classes. Those who have completed M Phil with research methodology are exempted from course-work.
- Ph D is not a fixed duration programme and UGC regulations warrant a minimum time of 2 years after confirmation. Max time allowed to submit the thesis is 7 years after getting confirmation in the programme.
- A few full time students may be offered JRF ship on merit basis. SIU encourages full time research in dedicated research centres
- Please have a look at Supervisor’s details on the areas of research on which you can undertake a doctoral programme.
- You may read the Ph D rule book for details of fees etc
- For General Queries on Ph D programme, you may call the following numbers 020-6193-6236, 020- 6193- 6237, 7972282128, 8668988218 ( during working hours). The next admissions cycle will start in April/May 2022
Apply link: https://scri.siu.edu.in/
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.