The British Council is hiring graduate freshers to support the Brand Team in delivering global brand management.
Notification by the company hiring graduate freshers:
The British Council is a unique place to build your career. We have a presence in many countries around the world, and there is a range of career opportunities available, either in the UK or in one of our offices or locations abroad.
We are open and committed; we are expert and inclusive; we are optimistic and bold
Our vision is for a connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusting world. Through our work we reach millions of people every year, so what we do and how we do it really matters.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide. To do this through our work in arts and culture, education and the English language.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
Marketing at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with the British Council’s international cultural relations mission, our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and prove the impact of what we do.
The Brand function sits within Marketing, providing strategic brand expertise, and driving global professionalism and consistency across strategic business units, regions, and countries/ clusters. We are part of the Chief Operating Officer’s directorate.
The role is based in the Shared Service Centre but will report to the Brand Team.
This is a fixed term full-time contract for 12 months reviewed annually. Due to working closely with a mainly UK-based team, the successful candidate would need to work for nine hours including UK core hours. To be discussed at the interview.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Consultancy, analysis and problem-solving
- Support the management of the brand enquiries mailbox and related governance processes.
- Respond to brand enquiries providing advice and guidance to the global network and escalating on to other colleagues in the Brand Team for resolution, when required.
- Support in the review of materials submitted for approval to or through the Brand Hub.
- Report on brand enquiry trends and identify areas for improvement on brand guidelines and assets.
- To support the British Council network globally acting as a brand ambassador help to deliver a strong British Council brand working with colleagues across the British Council network, from different teams, functions and levels of seniority.
- Continually improve the Brand Hub user experience by supporting the weeding of our assets, implementation of our taxonomy and records management.
- Reviewing Brand Hub content to ensure it remains up to date.
- Give feedback on how processes can be improved.
Function support and expertise
- In-depth knowledge of our brand guidelines (organisation, products and programme guidelines).
- Excellent working knowledge of the Brand Hub.
- Record brand enquiries and other brand data as agreed.
- Support in other brand projects as required.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Build and maintain relationships with the Brand Team, internal colleagues and external contacts including our Brand Hub supplier and design agencies to ensure more efficient working in future.
- Ensure regular communications and updates to Brand Team colleagues.
- Be flexible and accountable.
Managing self and others
- Ability to manage your own work particularly since working in different countries (and time zones) from other members of the Brand Team
- Managing multiple workstreams with different priorities and workflows.
- Attend meetings with Brand Managers and the wider Brand Team as agreed.
- Complete tasks within the agreed timeframe and communicate any roadblocks well ahead of the deadline.
- Communicate with the Brand Managers and other priority contacts via the agreed channels.
Education Qualification/Required Skills and Experience
Graduate or equivalent (min 50%)
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Administrative, organisation and coordination skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work across functions/hierarchies.
- Knowledge or experience of brand marketing.
- Experience in following standard processes
- Experience working within a global organisation.
- Experience in setting processes and workflows.
- Knowledge of how brand creative and guidelines are commissioned.
- Knowledge in graphic design, design software and knowledge of file formats.
- Knowledge or experience of using a SAAS product or DAM (digital asset management) system.
Apply online for this role hiring graduate freshers: https://careers.britishcouncil.org/job/Noida-Brand-Co-ordinator-Sout/1019313001/
Also visit: www.noticedash.com
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.