The International Office uses STIBET funds of the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD to award scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month for 3 to 4 months to international students and doctoral candiates who whish to complete their studies/ doctorate within the next two years.
Application deadline: 10 June 2021.
Requirements: Who can apply?
- International students and doctoral candidates who are going to successfully graduate within the next two years
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act – AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
All international students and doctoral candidates who expect to complete their studies within the next two years are eligible to apply. The prerequisites are good academic performance; pro-bono/ voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
Scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month are awarded for 3 to 4 months.
If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her more than EUR 450 before taxes per month, his or her scholarship for the respective month will be reduced by the difference as per DAAD requirements.
- Academic achievement. Proven by grades/grade average (students) or short reference letter of supervisor (doctoral candidates)
- Financial need
- Expected to graduate in the next two years (short reference letter, transcript)
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter
- Desirable: work commitment on a voluntary basis
Application and required documents
Your application consist of three steps. Please note that all required steps have to be completed by the application deadline.
Step 1: Online application
Complete the online application form(the link to the online application form is only activated during the application period)
Step 2: Upload documents into the university’s cloud storage
Prior to uploading your documents into the university’s cloud storage, please merge the documents into a single pdf file. The file should be named as follows: STIBET_last-name_first-name.pdf
Following documents are required:
- Completed application form (pdf)
- Motivation letter (justification of the application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcript with grade average (students) or letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit
- Copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office (students; if available yet) OR letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- If available: proof of pro-bono work (brief confirmation of scope and duration)
- If you are married: information about your family’s total income, including proof, if available
Upload application documents in the university’s cloud storage (access link will be published during application period)
Step 3: Reference letter from supervisor by e-mail
In order to complete your application, we need a letter of reference from the supervisor of your thesis or doctorate or from a lecturer of your study programme. This reference letter must be sent by e-mail by the author to firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference letter should answer the following questions:
- How would you judge the applicant’s study performance so far?
- When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her studies or doctorate and what results do you expect from the applicant?
- How would you describe the applicant’s personality/situation?
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.