Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 26 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
As a Software Developer, you will be working with a team of other developers who are encouraged to be logical, innovative, and think out of the box. Our teams have full cycle responsibilities from design through maintenance. This means you will have a passion and desire to learn new things and would be part of a development team driving innovation for our Banner product. We are looking for people who will challenge the norm, that want to take accountability for their own path, but will come together as a team to enable and delight our customers. Our offices are state of the art and provide top of the range equipment. Working in an agile environment, we encourage regular meetings where people can share their ideas and thoughts
Where you will make an impact
- Deliver all assigned tasks with a high degree of quality on time consistently.
- Demonstrate ownership from specification review to final testing
- Highly motivated self-starter with advanced capability to quickly learn, and work with new technologies and complex technical environments, including a variety of databases and operating systems
- Engage in continuous learning and adoption of new concepts, technologies, and functionality
- Taking ownership of day-to-day deliverables and bringing them to a logical conclusion
- Ability to work with a fast-paced high performing team built around the culture of trust and candor
What you will bring
- Required Skills/Knowledge/Experience
- 0-2 years of in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with with Java, Groovy and Grails
- Experience with Automation frameworks like selenium, Postman Automation scripting etc.
- Experience in relational databases and SQL development
- Experience with Agile software development practices such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Hands-on experience with DevOps processes and Jenkins
- Familiarity with GIT, Jira, Confluence & Scrum Process
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and infer requirements, working in an Agile team environment
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking & passion for learning & adopting new concepts, ideas & technologies
- Leadership, autonomy, and business acumen in fast-paced environments – proven ability to:
- Make sound decisions
- Deliver on commitments
- Handle multiple competing priorities
- Motivate and lead cross-functional teams
What makes #Ellucianlife
- 22 days annual leave plus 11 public holidays
- Competitive gratuity policy
- Group insurance and Annual health check-up plan with a variety of family and wellness benefits.
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Buzzinga and Lean InTeam to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Education Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
Additional Information:Req ID: 4749
Hiring Type: Full – Time
Level of Experience: Entry-Level
Travel Required: None
At Ellucian, we believe in the “power of together.” We embrace an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our company more collaborative and innovative. We’re proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome you to come as you are!
Apply link: https://careers.ellucian.com/us/en/job/ELLUUS4749EXTERNALENUS/Software-Engineer-I
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.