ISRO has announced a 12-day free online course called on Global Navigation Satellite System for interested participants. The course is being offered as an outreach program by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, a centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation. The course aims at helping with the urgent demand for trained manpower in remote sensing, geographical information system, global navigation satellite system and associated geospatial technologies.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Global Navigation Satellite System Will Cover?
The aim of the course is to give an introduction to GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy. The course will cover the following topics over a period of 12 days:
- GPS receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
- Satellites based augmentation systems and GPS aided and GEO augmented navigation (GAGAN).
- GPS signal characteristics, and data formats (broadcast, and precise ephemeris).
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS).
- DGPS demonstration.
- Advance GNSS processing.
- Development of satellite navigation technology, TRANSIT, TSKLON, GNSS: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou, principle of GNSS, segments, and applications.
- Satellite navigation.
Who Can Participate in the ISRO Free Online Course?
The course is open to the following participants:
- Undergraduate students.
- Postgraduate students.
- Technical, or scientific staff of central or state government, faculty or researchers at university or institutions.
Course study materials like lecture slides pdf, video recorded lectures, open source software and handouts of demonstrations among other material will be made available through e-class. Furthermore, video lectures will also uploaded in the IIRS Learning management system (E-CLASS).
How to Apply for ISRO Free Online Course?
- To participate in the IIRS Outreach program the interested organizations, universities, departments or institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end who will register online their Institute as the nodal center on the IIRS website.
- The coordinator will have to approve participants for the course.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.