ISRO has invited applications for a 5-day free online course called “Basics of Geocomputation and Geoweb Services”. The course is being conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). The course will be conducted from 31 October to 4 November 2022. The course would be most suited for students with a minimum qualification of under graduation or post graduation, technical or scientific staff of central or state government, faculty, and researchers at university or institutions.
What the ISRO Free Online Course Will Cover?
The ISRO free online course on Geocomputation and Geoweb Services will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to geocomputation, online GIS and geo-web services.
- Open geodata repositories and ISRO geoweb services for thematic applications.
- Programming concepts for geo-computation: Introduction to Python and R.
- Overview of WebGIS and application development.
- Demonstration on introduction to cloud-based geospatial data processing.
Course study materials like lecture slides, video-recorded lectures, open source software and handouts of demonstrations will be made available through e-class. The coordinator of the course is Kamal Pandey.
How to Enroll for the ISRO Free Online Course?
Interested and eligible candidates will have to submit applications on the official website.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.