IISc has offered a free online course on design for internet of things on the NPTEL platform this time, which could be beneficial for engineering students
IISc has invited applications for a free online course on Design for the Internet of Things for students looking for an overview of IoTs, design of smart objects that provide collaboration and ubiquitous services. The course is being offered for free on the NPTEL platform of SWAYAM and will be conducted from 26 July t0 17 September 2021. Step by step system design will be introduced, and small video clips that will allow students to prototype will be displayed as part of the course.
The course will be conducted by professor Prabhakar who is a principal research scientist at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He works in the area of networked embedded systems where he focuses on hardware system design, micro energy harvesting systems and power management algorithms. The professor is also the Principal Investigator for MSME Centre of Excellence at IISc, and is currently working with about 100 MSMEs and facilitates funding and technical advice from the institute.
What the IISc Free Online Course on Internet of Things Will Cover?
Students who participate in the course will be able to make the right choice of hardware, software and protocols for the proposed application of design for the Internet of Things. The following are the topics that will be covered:
- Introduction to IoT: Definition, applications, challenges: unique ID, power, security, and location.
- Addressing the power challenge: RFID, energy harvesting, battery-based systems, and power management systems.
- System design for low power: LDO, DC-DC converters, and low power software.
- Sensors and actuators: Temperature sensor, air quality, and Solenoid valves.
- Power management algorithms.
- IoT protocols: MQTT, COAP, and Websockets with associated applications.
- Low power wireless technologies such as BLE, IEEE 802.15.4e, and Wi-Fi.
- Low power wire area technologies: NBIoT, CAT – LTE-M1, and LORA.
Who Can Participate in the IISc Free Online Course on the Internet of Things?
While the course is open to all participants who wish to learn about the technology, it would be most beneficial for engineering students from the following streams:
- Electrical engineering.
- Electronics and communications engineering
- Control and Instrumentation engineering.
How to Apply for the IISc Free Online Course on the Internet of Things?
Interested applicants will have to enroll for the course on the NPTEL platform by clicking on the Join button on the official page before 2 August 2021. While the course is free to enroll and learn from, those who want a certificate will have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by NPTEL in person at any of the designated exam centres by paying RS 1000.
Disclaimer : We try to ensure that the information we post on Noticedash.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.